Policies & Procedures
Please contact us with any questions about our policies.
General Health Policy
Please do not attend a workshop with Total Arts! if:
- you've had a fever and have not been fever-free for at least 24 hours without medication
- you have active symptoms of illness such as those for COVID19, the flu, a sinus cold, etc. that is not due to allergies
- you missed your regularly scheduled events (school, athletics, music lessons, work, etc.) due to being sick on the day of your Total Arts class, event, or workshop.
- you have been a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID within the past 5 days, unless you have tested negative with a home COVID test on the day of the program and are symptom-free.
Masks are optional for all who attend programs at our Total Arts! Peabody location.
We do not currently require proof of vaccination in order to participate.
Total Arts! primary staff (Amy & Michele) are both fully vaccinated and boosted.
We recommend, but do not require, proof of vaccination from additional staff, guest instructors, and volunteers.
Any off-site programs run by Total Arts! will follow the COVID guidelines of the site where it is located.
Cancellations & Refunds
While our preference is to run every program that we offer, we do reserve the right to cancel any event or program and will try our best to give reasonable advanced notice to those who are registered. However, some circumstances may be out of our control. (Examples: inclement weather, building issues, or unexpected staffing issues caused by illness or accidents).
In general, our programs typically require a minimum of 4 participants in order to run.
Specific programs may have different requirements, particularly those run by guest instructors who may have certain expectations for their program. In that case the minimum number will be posted with the program description.
Prior to the start of a regular session or event:
- Watch for an email from Total Arts! 5-7 days prior to a workshop or event to let you know if enrollment is low and if the program is in danger of not running. That email will also inform registrants of the decision date for cancellation.
- If we have not reached our minimum enrollment 3-4 days prior to an event we may opt to cancel it.
If the program is cancelled we would send out an email to all registrants with their options for a credit or refund.
- NOTE: We may make a cancellation decision earlier than one week prior for summer and school vacation programs to allow registrants more time to find alternative arrangements
- If a registered participant withdraws less than 3 days prior to an event, causing the overall attendance to fall below the minimum required, we will still run the event as planned unless there is a specific and compelling reason to cancel.
If Total Arts! cancels a program:
Registered participants may choose either a full credit towards a future program or a full refund.
Withdrawal from a Total Arts program after payment is made:
NOTE: A request to withdraw must be communicated in writing to Total Arts. Discontinuing attendance without notice does not constitute an official withdrawal and will not result in either a refund or a credit.
Please note the withdrawal policies for various types of events below:
Regular season Total Arts classes and events (Sept-June)
- Choose a full credit towards a future program or a full refund (less processing fees) up to 3 days prior.
- If withdrawing less than 72 hours prior to a program, but before the class begins, no refund is issued but a credit in the full amount of any payment already made will be added to your account.
- Withdrawals after a multi-week program begins will result in a credit for 50% of the cost of the remaining days in the program up to the half-way point of the program.
- There will be no credit or refund if withdrawing after the half-way point of a multi-week workshop.
Birthday Parties and Private Events
Deposits are non-refundable but can be used for credit if the party is canceled or not scheduled as intended.
Resulting credit can be used towards any future Total Arts class, workshop, or event for any member of the host family.
We will work with families on a case by case basis to determine the status of a refund or credit of the balance paid if a party balance is paid in advance of the event and a party needs to be cancelled by the host family.
Summer 2024 Programs
Registration for summer programs opens in January.
Please NOTE the recent changes to our summer withdrawal refund/credit policy:
A full refund (less processing fees) or a full credit will be granted up to April 1st.
After April 1st there will be no refunds.
A withdrawal up to 3 weeks prior to a given program will result in a full credit.
Less than three weeks before the start date, and up to 2 days prior, a credit in half the amount will be given.
There will be no credit for a withdrawal within 2 days of a summer program start date, or after a program has begun.
Off-site programs and programs at Total Arts run by outside instructors
A Total Arts! program running through another organization, either at their location or ours, will need to follow the cancellation & refund guidelines of that group or individual instructor which may be different than what we have posted here. In that case, the cancellation policy will be included in the course description or a link will be provided to reach the group's policy.
Media Use Policy
Total Arts! often takes photos and videos during our programs for use on our website, in marketing materials, and on social media platforms (primarily Facebook and Instagram).
We will not post identifying information along with a photo or video unless we have received direct consent from the person depicted, or the guardian of the person if under age 18.
When registering for workshops, classes, or events you will be prompted to respond yes or no to media use.
Media consent for birthday parties and other private events will be handled as a group at the event.
If you change your mind at any time please let us know so that we can update our records.
Total Arts! may provide a link to a set of photos from larger group events, parties, and programs.
These links and photos are not for public distribution. Please use discretion if you share photos from these albums and avoid posting identifying information, particularly of minors who are not in your own family. Thank-you.
The Multi-Class Discount will be applied automatically for 2 or more eligible workshops.
The discount will be applied per family which means it serves as a sibling discount and/or as a multi-class discount for a single student who takes more than one class
Contact us about options for setting up an installment plan.
Discount exclusions may include:
Total Arts community events, school vacation, and summer programs
Total Arts pop-up and drop-in days
Programs that are already discounted
Classes run by guest instructors, depending on their discount policy
Workshops run off-site, depending on the policy of the specific location
Explore. Discover. Create.